We will have a 10-15 minute phone conversation to determine what the major issue is for you, and if I have the matching skill set. If I don’t, I will help you find an appropriate referral so that you can get the help you need. If I do, we can either schedule a session, or if you want to meet me first, we can plan a 15-minute no-charge “meet and greet” where you can come by my office and talk with me.
Making the first Phone Contact
Please leave me a confidential voice mail that includes:
- What you want help with
- Your phone number and good times to reach you
- How you were referred to me
- If it is okay for me to leave a message on your voicemail
My fees vary depending on the type and length of session. I am a Lyra provider and on the Stanford Wellconnect panel. If you have a PPO, I am happy to assist you in filling out paperwork so that you can get reimbursed from your plan after paying me directly.
- Mondays-Fridays 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Before Your First Session
- Arrive at your first appointment 30 minutes early to complete the Intake Form and sign the Consent for Treatment form, or I can email you the forms when we set up the appointment.
- Think about two or three goals you would like to work towards in therapy (how would you like things to be better in your life).
At Your First Session
- We will discuss frequency of meetings (usually once a week, but sometimes twice a week depending on severity of the problem).
- We will talk about length of treatment.
- We will set goals, and begin to discuss how we can measure progress.